Updates on the latest travel advisories
Travel Risk Management & Crisis Response
FocusPoint’s message for travelers impacted by the Haiti Travel Advisory
February 15th, 2019 Greg Pearson
Are you or a loved one stranded in Haiti? Here’s what FocusPoint International wants you to know:
- FocusPoint has a Crisis Assistance Team (CAT) on the ground in Haiti.
- Clients and potential clients are advised to shelter-in-place until further advised. Ground travel in and around Port au Prince and elsewhere is not advisable due to civil unrest, ad hoc roadblocks by police/military and protestors, accompanied with violence towards persons riding in motor vehicles.
- FocusPoint Crisis Assistance Center is tracking clients and potential clients. Their positions are mapped along with specific geo-coordinates as well as their current status.
- Evacuation at this point is not an option because roads into and out of PAP International Airport are attempting to be closed by violent demonstrators.
- FocusPoint personnel, both in the CRC and on the ground, are working to identify further options.
- Our CRC is remaining in contact with all clients/potential clients by twice daily check-ins.
- Anybody needing assistance should contact our Crisis Response Center at +1 619 717 8549 (24/7).