See what’s trending in the world of business travel
A Critical Event Management Company
How to Mitigate Travel Friction
Many people feel that the travel industry has slowly started to chip away at the services they provide to the consumer. Some of these actions are necessary, and consumers have become voracious in researching all their options out there. They can search multiple sites at the click of the button and then, with three more clicks, book that deal from their smartphone. Companies need to find ways to save their bottom line while remaining appealing to potential customers. This is a fine line that companies need to walk. Some can and will do it better than others, but ultimately, customers will affect the changes that they want with their wallets and social media.
However, what about your employees? How does your corporate travel policy affect your employees’ travel experience and level of travel friction? Always booking the cheapest flight, hotel, or rental car can take an unfair toll on your employees. This is something that companies need to navigate delicately. With too much travel friction and stress, employees may begin to deny travel, or worse, look for another company that better fits their needs. The costs associated with consistently hiring new employees can make a big impact on the health of an organization. The needs of each company are going to be different, but some of the core questions that have to be asked when designing your corporate travel policy should include:
- Does our policy put undue stress on the traveler?
- Does the travel budget put the traveler in an unsafe environment by placing them in an undesirable location, thereby putting them at risk?
- Are the employees able to say no to travel in high-risk areas if they feel uncomfortable due to their sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or a political threat?
- What is your evacuation policy to aid your employees if the environment begins to deteriorate? Are you able to remove your employees before a crisis occurs?
- How are your vendors and partners going to work with you to ensure that any stress that is experienced is as minimal as possible to both you and your employees?
Travel is unavoidable in today’s global economy, but travel friction is not. Look at the services provided and the prices associated with them; they will help you find the right provider, both personally and professionally. Sometimes, when you see the real costs, you realize what looked like the cheapest option really was not in the end.
FocusPoint International Offerings
In addressing the many challenges of business travel, FocusPoint International Offerings stands out as a pivotal ally for corporate travelers. Specializing in comprehensive https://www.focuspointintl.com/, FocusPoint’s services are designed to mitigate travel friction by providing real-time intelligence, https://www.focuspointintl.com/travel-risk-management/, medical and security evacuations, and 24/7 support. Their expertise in navigating complexities ranging from logistical disruptions to health emergencies ensures a smoother and more secure travel experience. With FocusPoint, business travelers can focus on their objectives, assured that expert assistance and guidance are always within reach, no matter where their work takes them.